General Manager - Product Management & Marketing
lead a market-leading product portfolio
report to the CCO of a global industry leading OEM
rewarding role + attractive remuneration + lifestyle location
This is a rare opportunity to play a key leadership role with a company that is a global industry leader and, in doing so, ensure the ongoing commercial success of its market-leading portfolio of products.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 60 countries.
Integral to the ongoing development of the organisation's solution suite, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Product Management & Marketing Leader to take responsibility for ensuring the commercial success of RME’s Product Portfolio through the anticipation, identification and satisfaction of the organisation’s target markets’ requirements.
In this newly created role you will report to the Chief Customer Officer, and work closely with the key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the customer-centred design and delivery of a world-class product portfolio that visibly, defensibly and sustainably improves RME’s Customers’ concentrator performance. This will involve:
• Developing and cultivating the portfolio’s vision and associated business cases
• Leading, developing, coaching and supporting the Product Management and Marketing Communications Teams
• Developing, maintaining, improving and reporting on key metrics
• Developing and managing Product Management Project Plans and Teams
• Overseeing management of the Product Lifecycle
• Acting as the Global Representative of RME’s product portfolio
• Managing strategic Customer relationships and related issue resolution
• Liaising and collaborating with other business function leaders so as to ensure the effective translation of portfolio needs into requirements and to drive consensus across departments
• Leading the development and maintenance the Portfolio Development Roadmap
• Proactively assessing and managing risk and ensuring project viability from a customer/market perspective
• Leading the development of brand and marketing strategies and the Marketing and Promotion Plan
• Oversee the Marketing Communications Team to develop marketing strategies, lead generation and sales strategies, and partner with the sales department to build on product unit sales implementation
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting customer responses, including sales/revenue and customer feedback, and actioning those responses to optimise outcomes
• Conducting relevant product research, establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses to support the business in understanding current and future product needs
While your product management leadership experience may not have been gained in a mining or heavy equipment environment, it will be an advantage. You must, however, have significant leadership and customer-facing experience within a B2B environment, which has seen you responsible for pricing, customer and/or channel investment decision making. You will also be able to demonstrate a core competence in product and project management (utilising a rapid/agile approach) and strategic marketing, and be available for domestic and international travel as required (under normal operating conditions).
Tertiary qualifications (ideally to post-graduate level) in a related field and business unit/P&L management experience will be well regarded, as will an effective understanding of customer-centred design and Lean principles.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No GM10121, by Monday, 11 January 2021 to