Design World-Leading Technology
Multiple Roles - Attractive Remuneration & Conditions
Global Industry Leader & Lifestyle Location
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global industry leader and play a key role in the continued development of its world-leading technology, while enjoying the lifestyle benefits that only South East Queensland can offer.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 50 countries.
Integral to the ongoing development of the organisation's solutions suite, the opportunity now exists for an experienced Industrial Designer to join the team and take an active design role throughout the product and service development lifecycle. With a focus on appearance, functionality, manufacturability and deliverability, your work will influence the overall value and user experience delivered by RME’s products and services.
Working closely with other members of the multidisciplinary Engineering Team, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders, in this role you will develop design directions and deliver solutions that are fresh, novel and meaningful in order to address both the iterative and creative aspects of design and the risk management and regulatory requirements of heavy equipment development.
This will call heavily on your:
• demonstrated ability to apply original thought in solving open problems by utilising a methodical, creative and logical approach;
• highly advanced visual communication skills for effectively communicating visions, concepts, ideas, analysis and issues, e.g. via sketches, graphs, models etc;
• ability to communicate design approaches from insights to requirements and through to execution;
• knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of prototyping techniques and technologies;
• experience in designing dynamic and static systems integrating mechanical, electrical, electronic and software elements;
• experience collaborating within multi-disciplinary Product Management, Product Optimisation and R&D environments;
• understanding of designing for manufacturing processes, for example: welded fabrication, metal casting, machining, sheet metal fabrication, injection moulding, compression moulding, elastomers etc;
• understanding of the complexities associated with integrating electronic components and subsystems;
• understanding of new product development under design controls as specified by a Quality Management System (ISO9001, ISO13485, GMP or similar);
• desire to mentor and coach young designers and engineers to develop their skills as product developers; &
• proficiency with various software applications including the Microsoft Office suite, CAD software (preferably Solidworks), enterprise PDM/PLM system and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Significant experience (5+ years) in product development of mechanical or electromechanical systems is required. Ideally this will have been within a low-to-mid volume manufacturing context and preferably in the mining or heavy equipment industry. You will also be a curious and resourceful developer, who enjoys working as part of a team and engaging with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
A degree qualification in Industrial Design or a similar discipline is required, and relevant professional accreditation will be highly regarded. Those who have applied to either Nexus or RME within the last two years need not apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Please forward your application, quoting Reference Number ID10920 as soon as possible to