lead strategic partnerships within the hard rock mining industry
report to the CCO of a global industry leading OEM
rewarding role + attractive remuneration + lifestyle location
This is a rare opportunity to play a key leadership role with a company that is a global industry leader and, in doing so, ensure its competitive advantage and market position.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 60 countries.
Integral to the organisation’s ongoing development, an opportunity now exists for an experienced strategic partnerships leader to take responsibility for optimising RME’s strategic partnerships with hard rock mining corporations and at Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector level globally.
In this newly created role, you will report to the Chief Customer Officer and work closely and collaboratively with the key internal and external stakeholders, to coordinate strategic opportunities and ongoing relationship advancement, ensuring the creation of sustainable shared value. This will involve:
• Performing as the ‘voice of the partner’ within the organisation
• Establishing, developing and maintaining robust relationships with suitably positioned executives within the hard rock mining and METS sectors
• Continually scanning and mapping the sector, remaining abreast of developments and identifying opportunities to develop and improve strategic partnerships and alliances
• Driving development and execution of strategic engagement plans to strengthen RME’s relationships within the sectors
• Maintaining ongoing participation with relevant industry forums to strengthen RME’s industry relationships and identifying strategic opportunities
• Developing a strategic alliances framework and detailed business plan to support all aspects of the business in all areas of the supply chain
• Simplifying partnership processes, procedures and programmes, and negotiating new and updated partner agreements
• Building and maintaining strong, sustainable, trusted and mutually beneficial alliances to generate revenue opportunities
• Playing a hands-on role with establishing, managing and developing strategic partnerships and alliances, maintaining a personal presence and high visibility in the field, and directly participating in partner activities and industry events
• Leading the strategic partnerships discipline within the company, acting as a partnerships champion, mentoring relevant stakeholders and proactively supporting talent development initiatives
• Identifying areas for innovation and process improvement in all aspects of partnerships management
• Identifying and proactively channelling sales, marketing and product development opportunities into the relevant internal processes
• Ensuring appropriate metrics are developed to understand ROI and provide regular reporting, tracking and analysis
While your strategic partnerships experience may not have been gained in a mining or heavy equipment environment, it will be a distinct advantage. You must, however, have significant experience developing and leading multiple strategic partnerships at a corporate and industry/sector level, ideally within an international context. You will also be able to demonstrate a core competence in strategic thinking and the ability to combine a collaborative and consultative approach with commercial acumen and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives and the creation of mutual value. You must also be available for regular domestic and international travel as required (under normal operating conditions).
Well-developed contacts with within the hard rock mining and METS sectors (ideally in a global context), knowledge of concentrator plant operations, and tertiary qualifications (ideally to post-graduate level) in a related field will be well regarded, as will an effective understanding of customer-centred design principles.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
This role will ideally be based at RME’s Head Office in Toowoomba, however, consideration will also be given to other locations, particularly in South East Queensland.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No PD10121, by Monday, 11 January 2021 to