Discrete Event Simulation Engineer
Simulate World-Leading Technology
Attractive Remuneration & Conditions
Global Industry Leader & Lifestyle Location
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global industry leader and play a role in the continued development of its world-leading solutions, while enjoying the lifestyle benefits that only South East Queensland can offer.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 50 countries.
Integral to the ongoing development of the organisation's core business, the opportunity now exists for a Discrete Event Simulation (DES) Engineer to support both capital equipment sales and consulting services.
Reporting to the MRD Engineering Team Leader, in this role you assist with the ongoing development of RME's in-house tool for discrete event simulation, known as Mill Relining Director (MRD). This will involve:
· Operating an in-house Discrete Event Simulation model to predict the technical and economic benefit of making improvements to mine maintenance activities
· Providing technical support to RME’s frontline sales team to answer questions relating to the performance benefits of RME equipment
· Producing technical reports for mine sites to use as justification for implementing new technologies and processes
· Supporting R&D by using customer technical data to produce reports detailing requirements for new products and services
· Traveling to remote customer mine sites to ensure accurate data collection
· Assisting with writing of technical content in RME’s conference papers
· Helping with designing improvements to the camera fleet used to capture performance during Mill Relines
A Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, experience in either a Design or Project Engineering environment, demonstrated ability to use CAD software to produce designs and drawings, and the ability to travel internationally is required. Experience in the development of custom Discrete Event Simulations, knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab, Visual Basic), basic knowledge of hydraulic principles and design, and experience in writing technical content for conference papers would be a distinct advantage.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who have applied within the last two years need not apply.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Please forward your application, quoting Reference Number DE10221 by Monday, 1 February 2021 to