Group Manager - People
Privately-held, global industry leading OEM
Partner with the Executive Team to empower 500-strong cohort
Rewarding role + attractive remuneration + lifestyle location
This is a rare opportunity to play a key leadership role with a company that is a global industry leader, due largely to its recognition of people excellence as the pathway to success.
Established for more than thirty-six years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame, our Toowoomba based client, Russell Mineral Equipment (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service and mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 65 countries.
The opportunity now exists for an experienced leader to take responsibility for the framework that converts the growing cohort’s efforts into organisational value, taking into account the multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse nature of the business.
Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Team, you will lead all facets of the People value chain, globally. You will be responsible for cultural maintenance and development, change management, championing of employee engagement, development and experience, Human Resources, Workplace Health, Safety, Environment & Quality fundamentals through to strategic leadership and organisational alignment.
This will involve:
* operating as a key business partner to the Chief Executive Team and leading all aspects of the People value chain;
* developing a framework that optimises the organisation's people-related resources and meets the organisation’s strategic cultural objectives;
* driving leadership development and the visioning, analysis, development and implementation of strategic workforce and resourcing plans;
* facilitating business and cultural change to meet the organisation's expectations for sustainable growth and
exceptional employee and customer experiences;
* delivering a behaviour-based safety program designed to ensure safety is a lived value and that the working environment contributes positively to peoples’ creativity, wellbeing and attitude;
* leading the enhancement of individual and organisational capability to support the achievement of short and long-term business objectives;
* further developing the organisation's cultural intelligence, diversity and inclusion practices and (already strong) values-based culture; and
* lead the People Team, modelling an ‘internal consulting’ culture of service excellence, to ensure the continual development of business-integrated People services delivering 'high impact' People outcomes and maintenance of third party accreditation to relevant Standards.
You will be a confident leader whose emotional intelligence and warm ‘people first’ approach empowers you to
model and champion the organisation’s values. Your proven commercial acumen and stakeholder engagement skills, combined with credibility and integrity will underpin your success in this challenging and rewarding role.
Significant professional experience as a leader and human resources executive within a safety-focused environment, relevant tertiary qualifications and professional accreditation are essential. Proven experience in culturally diverse, international, privately-held and/or complex organisations will be well regarded.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and be willing and able to undertake domestic and international travel as required. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
This role is based at RME’s Global Headquarters in Toowoomba, Queensland.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts (and with regular direct flights to Sydney and Melbourne), the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No GM10222, by Monday, 14 February 2022 to email@example.com