Industry Leading Agricultural Technology OEM
Establish & Manage a greenfield Manufacturing Facility
Rewarding Role + Attractive Remuneration + Lifestyle Location
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing industry leader and to play a key role in the continued development of world first automation technology, while enjoying the lifestyle benefits that only South East Queensland can offer.
Established since 2009, our client is already acknowledged as an industry leader in the burgeoning agricultural automation technology industry. As an original equipment manufacturer, the organisation designs, manufactures and distributes quality products and delivers timely after-sales service and support to farming customers across Australia.
In light of the organisation’s growth over recent years, and its future development plans, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to oversee the establishment of a greenfield manufacturing facility in Toowoomba (Qld) and then lead and manage the manufacturing function (across two sites) to meet increasing market demand ongoing.
In this role you will report to the Chief Product Officer, and work closely with the Management Team and other key internal and external stakeholders, to develop and maintain a world-class manufacturing capability. This will involve:
· implementing and maintaining HSEQ policies and procedures and leading a culture of quality and behavioural safety;
· achieving manufacturing targets, ensuring product quality and delivery in full, on time (DIFOT) and to budget;
· developing and managing departmental capital/project and operational budgets;
· identifying factory specifications and properties that meet these criteria;
· negotiating lease and contractual arrangements in conjunction with the CEO;
· overseeing factory layout, set-up and fit-out in consultation with consulting Process Engineer/s;
· developing manufacturing systems and processes utilising the Lean methodology;
· recruiting and developing a high performing manufacturing team;
· leading and overall management of the manufacturing function;
· establishing, developing and maintaining relationships and commercial terms with key suppliers;
· overseeing the implementation of MRP/ERM software within the manufacturing department;
· maintaining accurate and up-to-date Bills of Material;
· cost management, tracking and analysis of product manufactured; &
· associated monitoring, reporting, evaluation and improvement.
Significant manufacturing management experience, demonstrated leadership, people development, relationship management and communication skills, exposure to MRP/ERP software and commitment to behavioural safety, continuous improvement and the Lean manufacturing methodology are essential.
Experience with the establishment of a greenfield manufacturing facility, implementation of MRP/ERP software and the establishment of key supply arrangements will be a distinct advantage.
A current Driver’s License and ability and willingness to undertake regular travel is required, and relevant qualifications will be highly regarded.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and applicants must be prepared to undergo background checks, which may include a medical screening with drug and alcohol testing and a federal police check.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with daily flights direct to Sydney, Melbourne and Townsville, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No MM10423, by Monday, 3 April 2023 to email@example.com