Senior Product / Portfolio Manager
Grow a market-leading product portfolio
Global industry leading METS sector OEM
Rewarding Role + Attractive Remuneration + Lifestyle Location
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role with a global industry leader and, in doing so, ensure the ongoing commercial success of a market-leading portfolio of products.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 60 countries.
Integral to the ongoing development of the organisation's solution suite, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Product/Portfolio Manager to take responsibility for ensuring the commercial success of RME’s Mill Relining Systems Portfolio through the anticipation, identification and satisfaction of the organisation’s target markets’ requirements.
In this newly created role you will report to the General Manager - Product Management & Marketing, and work closely with the key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the customer-centred design and delivery of a world-class product portfolio that visibly, defensibly and sustainably improves RME’s Customers’ concentrator performance. This will involve:
• Shaping deep customer and marketing knowledge into a high-level strategic plan for the portfolio
• Leading the development and maintenance the Portfolio Development Roadmap
• Developing, maintaining, improving and reporting on key metrics
• Managing the full Product & Service Lifecycle for the portfolio
• Acting as the Global Representative for the portfolio
• Liaising and collaborating with business function leaders to ensure the effective translation of portfolio needs into requirements
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting customer responses, including revenue/margin and customer feedback, and actioning those responses to optimise outcomes
• Conducting relevant product research, establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses to support the business in understanding current and future product needs
• Overviewing New Product Development idea assessment, prioritisation and stage gate system management, working closely with relevant stakeholders
• Coaching and development of the product management team
• Developing and rolling out systems/solution value propositions for target customer segments
While your product management experience may not have been gained in a mining or heavy equipment environment, it will be an advantage. You must, however, have significant customer-facing experience within a B2B environment, which has seen you responsible for strategic product (and ideally portfolio) management. You will also be able to demonstrate your commercial acumen, a core competence in stakeholder engagement, a strong understanding of the product lifecycle within a portfolio management environment and be available for domestic and international travel as required (under normal operating conditions).
Tertiary qualifications (ideally to post-graduate level) in a related field, product/strategic marketing and price/margin management experience will be well regarded, as will experience within the hard rock mining sector and an effective understanding of customer-centred design and Lean principles.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities. Relocation support will be considered for an exceptional candidate.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No PM10821, to email@example.com