Contracts Analyst / Specialist / Administrator
Challenging & Rewarding Role with International Focus
Assess & Negotiate Supply Contracts with Mining & EPCM Customers
Global Industry Leader + Attractive Package + Lifestyle Location
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global industry leader and play a role in its continued growth, while enjoying the lifestyle benefits that only South East Queensland can offer.
Established for thirty-seven years our client, Russell Mineral Equipment (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service and mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 65 countries.
Integral to the organisation's core business, the opportunity now exists for an experienced Contracts Analyst to support the sale of capital equipment and associated parts and services to hard rock mining and EPCM companies, globally.
Based at RME’s Head Office in Toowoomba, in this role you will report to the Global Contracts & Projects Manager and work closely with other members of the Order Acceptance Team, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders, to review, formulate, negotiate and summarise supply contracts, ready for approval and signature. This will involve:
- Reviewing Customer/Supplier T&Cs and preparing the Table of Departures in line with RME’s Contract Requirements
- Negotiating with Customer/Supplier T&Cs until an agreed position is achieved
- Preparing and updating the Table of Departures or draft contract as applicable including version control during the negotiation process
- Assisting with the Order Acceptance process, including (pre)-Order Acceptance meetings as required
- Preparing the Contract Requirements document for presentation to RME stakeholders
- Reviewing and preparing supply contracts and purchase orders prior to execution
- Assisting with contract administration duties on contracts, including drafting and reviewing of change orders
- Negotiating terms of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Liaising with RME’s General Legal Counsel on requirements for local legislative or statutory obligations and to ensure compliance with Contract Requirements
- Obtaining sign-off from Legal Counsel and Contracts & Projects Manager on documentation as required
While your contracts administration and negotiation experience may not have been gained within the resources sector, or in an EPCM or export environment, it will likely have been gained within a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. You will also be able to demonstrate sound legal understanding (particularly contract law), strong (written and spoken) communication and negotiation skills, excellent attention to detail, time management and follow-through skills and a team-oriented, customer-centric approach.
Candidates with related skills and lesser experience are also encouraged to apply, as each application will be considered on its merits.
Tertiary qualifications in Law, Business, Engineering or another related discipline and well-developed (written and spoken) communication skills in a second language (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese), and knowledge of the hard rock mining industry will be an advantage, although not essential.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref. No. CA10423, by Tuesday, 11 April 2023 to