Manager- People & Wellbeing
Privately held Global OEM & Global Industry Leader
Innovation, Engagement & Behavioural Safety Focus
Rewarding Role + Attractive Remuneration + Lifestyle Location
This is a rare opportunity to play a key leadership role with, and to contribute directly to the continued development of, a company that is a global industry leader - due largely to its recognition of people excellence as the pathway to success.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer, RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 60 countries.
Based at the global Head Office in Toowoomba, and reporting to the Group Manager - People, this role contributes strategically to the Human Resources and HSE functions, leads the HSE and Facilities teams and supports RME’s leaders and people, taking into account the multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse nature of the business.
With a focus on cultural and strategic integration and workforce alignment, in this role you will collaborate on developing, implementing and improving processes and behaviours to ensure an engaged and empowered cohort who strive to deliver the best outcomes for customers.
This will involve embedding RME’s people focused cultural elements by:
- Developing initiatives to unlock innovation within the cohort
- Ensuring that people related processes and artefacts reflect RME’s commitment to create a cross-functional collaborative workplace
- Creating an environment of trust and integrity to ensure ethical imperatives are met
- Ensuring a working environment which contributes positively to peoples’ creativity, wellbeing and attitude
- Delivering a behaviour-based safety program designed to ensure safety is a lived value
- Ensuring reward, recognition, talent and performance management processes engender a customer-centric focus and culture of excellence
- Championing the employee experience, ensuring the embedding of a high degree of collaboration, ownership, accountability and responsibility across the teams, through effective employee engagement
- Leveraging best practice to support the uplift of capability, performance and engagement
- Using data analytics and personal insights to improve performance, engagement and the employee experience
- Providing advice and support with conflict resolution as required
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant legislation and RME Policies and Procedures
You are a natural leader whose intellect is governed by your emotional intelligence and pragmatic, ‘people first’ approach. You are an enabler with a deep understanding of the drivers of employee engagement and demonstrated results in proactively enhancing the employee experience. While performance oriented, you will also be systems focused, values-driven and committed to long term sustainability and your exceptional stakeholder engagement and influencing skills will underpin your success in this challenging role.
Significant human resources and safety experience in a medium-to-large organisation (preferably customer-focussed manufacturing) and with leading or coaching staff is required. Relevant tertiary qualifications and professional accreditation and experience within a company that has transitioned from start-up to an established (ideally international) business, will be well regarded.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and the ability (and willingness) to undertake domestic and international travel is required. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.
Forward your application, quoting Ref No PW11220, by Monday, 7 December 2020 to